• Latest News

    Wednesday, July 30, 2014

    Live-Action 'Attack on Titan' Cast Revealed!



    The cast members of the live-action adaptation of Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) have been announced. Manga author Hajime Isayama is supervising a new story and characters for the two-part live action movies, and we don't know yet which roles most of the confirmed actors will be playing, but they're looking good.

    The Japanese news website Eiga.com has revealed the cast:

    Haruma Miura
    Hiroki Hasegawa (the upcoming live-action Jellyfish Princess, Why Don't You Play in Hell)
    Kiko Mizuhara (Norwegian Wood, Helter Skelter)
    Kanata Hongō (Prince of Tennis, Nana 2)
    Takahiro Miura (live-action Space Battleship Yamato)
    Nanami Sakuraba (Twin Spica)
    Satoru Matsuo (Thermae Romae )
    Satomi Ishihara (No Longer Human, Sadako 3D)
    Pierre Taki (Linda Linda Linda)
    Jun Kunimura (Audition, Kill Bill)
    Shu Watanabe (Kamen Rider OOO)
    Ayame Misaki (Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters)
    Rina Takeda (High Kick Girl)


    The film is expected to be released in Japan next year, and I hope they release it in U.S. theaters as well. I usually have high hopes with Japanese live-action films based on animes opposed to the terrible American adaptations like the Dragon Ball movie. I'm really excited for this movie, because I'm a huge Attack on Titan fan, and I'm also a fan of Norwegian Wood actress Kiko Mizuhara. I could see her playing the role of Mikasa, but I can also see her play Annie; but whichever role she'd be playing, I'm excited to see her in this movie. I also see that guy I've seen in several of Sion Sono's films. 

    I wonder what new twist Isayama is going to spin in this film. I just hope that it won't stray too much from his manga's original story. The Death Note live-action films are great examples that proved that their live-action versions could surpass their anime/manga versions. Although it's hard to imagine the live-action Attack On Titan surpassing the awesome anime series, I have high expectations for this one. Who knows? May Hollywood will also make their own version of this amazing work. 

    Are you excited as I am to see the live-action Attack on Titan next year? 



    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Live-Action 'Attack on Titan' Cast Revealed! Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
    Scroll to Top